2011 record: 5-5 overall, 0-5 in District 1-1 Division I.
Returning experience: 7 lettermen, 3 offensive and 5 defensive starters.
Players to watch: Jemeal Hale WR-DB; Eli Phelps OL-DE; Josh Bonner QB-DB; Devin Catuns QB-DB; Tre Bell RB-DB; Kavuan Bailey RB-DE; Jabe Thompson OL-LB.
Basic offense: Flexbone Triple Option.
Basic defense: 4-3.
Keys to success: Bracey returns to Boys Ranch after a stint as a professional MMA fighter and professional trainer. He praised former BR head coach Mike Lozano for “changing the identity of the program from the inside out.” Bracey will face the move from 1A to 2A but sees life no different for the Roughriders. They must handle a depth issue — like most 2A schools — and improve offensive production of a year ago when its scored eight or fewer points in three of its five district games.
High school enrollment: 215.
2011 JV record: 4-5.
Playoff history: 2008.
|8/31||@ Sunray||L 7 - 20|
|9/7||Bovina||L 14 - 21|
|9/14||Vega||W 27 - 13|
|9/21||@ River Road||L 12 - 41|
|9/28||Winters Blizzards||L 13 - 15|
|10/12||@ Spearman||L 0 - 27|
|10/26||Canadian||L 6 - 37|
|11/2||@ Highland Park||W 36 - 18|
|11/9||Sanford-Fritch||L 22 - 55|
- River Road rolls past Boys Ranch - 09/21/12
- H-Park defeats Wheeler, 22-14; Spearman wins - 09/21/12
- H.S. Scoreboard - 09/21/12
- H.S. football: Randall rocks Monahans; Stratford beats Sanford-Fritch - 09/15/12
- H.S. football: Canadian beats Perryton, 28-14; Dimmitt downs Olton - 09/15/12
- H.S. Scoreboard - 09/07/12
- High school football preview capsules - 09/07/12
- H.S. football stats requested - 09/04/12
- High school football: Six-man and late 11-man roundup - 09/04/12
- Wellington beats Childress, 34-21; Dumas wins - 09/01/12
- Texas high school football scores - 08/31/12
- Wellington beats Childress, 34-21; Dumas wins - 08/31/12
- Seismic Shift - 08/29/12
- Bring it on - 08/29/12
- Young Guns - 08/29/12
- 100 Yards...100 Years - 08/29/12
- Class 5A Outlook - 08/29/12
- Class 4A Outlook - 08/29/12
- Class 3A Outlook - 08/29/12
- Class 2A Outlook - 08/29/12
- Class 1A Outlook - 08/29/12
- Six Man Oulook - 08/29/12