? Score: Randall 49, Borger 6
? Significance: Randall jumped out to a big early lead by scoring in all three phases of the game, and led 49-0 before Borger finally scored. The Raiders are now 5-0 heading into District 3-4A play starting next week. They’ve won 14 of their last 15 regular-season games, and are shooting for their third straight 10-win season.
? Turning point: It came pretty early in this one. Borger took the opening kickoff, but the Raiders forced a three-and-out and a punt. Randall’s Kaleb Barber stormed in and blocked the kick, and Charleston Woods picked it up and returned it 8 yards for a touchdown to give the Raiders a 7-0 lead.
? Individual highlights: Following the blocked punt, Randall cornerback Logan Brittain intercepted a pass and returned it 25 yards for a touchdown and a 14-0 lead. When the Raiders finally got the ball with 4:18 left in the first quarter, they drove 96 yards in eight plays, as quarterback Collin Bowen rumbled in on a 61-yard run for a 21-0 lead. In the second quarter, Bowen and Brittain connected on a 47-yard scoring pass that stretched Randall’s lead to 28-0. Bowen threw two touchdowns, and Ty Stewart ran for two in the second half.
? Comment: “I feel like we’ve played better every week,” Randall coach Bryan Wood said. “I don’t feel like we’re hitting on all cylinders, but I’m real pleased with our progress.”
? Next up: Randall (5-0) vs. Canyon (4-0), 7:30 p.m. Oct. 12.
- 12/7/12 - Wellington wallops Sudan
- 12/7/12 - Follett advances to state title game
- 12/7/12 - Bulldogs take bite out of Elks
- 12/1/12 - Stratford too strong for Panhandle
- 12/1/12 - Skyrockets thump Springlake-Earth
- 12/1/12 - Booker QB Lile breaks 2 passing marks in loss
- 11/30/12 - Follett routs Matadors
- 11/24/12 - Skyrockets zoom past Bovina
- 11/24/12 - Canadian takes out No. 9 Cisco, 27-20
- 11/24/12 - Wheeler falls to Wolverines